Sunday, January 2, 2011

Unwinding Chains-Unbinding Faith

Today as the very first notes of music had begun in church I was immediately given a vision from God....



I was wearing a garment of white and the Lord lifted my chin to witness him fully, then blood was poured over me. I was bound in chains with a circular chain pierced through my tongue. I began to spin around in circles with my arms outstretched as my chains were being unwound and unbound and the chain attached to my tongue was cut free. I soon saw I was not alone but that there were hundreds of people, all being unwound & unbound. All of them I found "comforting" and without seeing their faces I know it was many I knew already. We were all in a field and as I pressed in I saw God on His throne and He was laughing and pointing His outstretched finger at us. He was joyful and showed me how easy the chains are broken by His blood. That nothing formed against us by the enemy can stand.


I then saw God's finger outline the field and a trench was dug around us, as it was dug it was filled with the blood of Jesus. It was then I sensed the presence of His angels watching us.


Then transformation started taking place and soon we no longer were wearing garments but instead each person now with their chains unwound were dressed in full armor.


Then I heard the same word I have been hearing for many weeks now, "PUSH"....
We were all being told to push into the dark space that was surrounding the field. It was then I noticed that from all sides we were surrounded by an entire wall of pitch blackness. 


We raised our shields and each began to push into and disappear into the blackness as angels and warriors held torches alive in flames of Gods glory.


As we pushed into the darkness we had to walk through the trenches He had dug and were covered in the blood that had filled it.

I scribbled the vision down on a receipt I found in my purse and came home to find more about what God was trying to show me. It was then I was shown the following scripture....


Isaiah 58:6
"This is the kind of fast day I'm after: to break the chains of injustice, get rid of exploitation in the workplace, free the oppressed, cancel debts. What I'm interested in seeing you do is: sharing your food with the hungry, inviting the homeless poor into your homes, putting clothes on the shivering ill-clad, being available to your own families. Do this and the lights will turn on, and your lives will turn around at once. Your righteousness will pave your way. The God of glory will secure your passage. Then when you pray, God will answer. You'll call out for help and I'll say, 'Here I am.'


I cannot find the words to describe to you the depths of my love for the Living God I serve and to what lengths He will go to save His children and reach the lost.....I pray we all find our chains unwound and unbound and as we push into the darkness of this world we do so knowing, every soul is worth the attention we must pay to it.....God Bless all of you who were dancing in that field with me today....


Dawn

5 comments:

  1. Today as I was praying deeper into this vision I realized we had all gone West into the darkness and I am stuck on the term "Manifest Destiny" ....more to come...praise God!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Dawn,

    Got to you through Mark's blog. I am repeteadly hearing at present from other Christians, underlying messages in films I watch, conversations, etc, the terms light and darkness.

    Two years ago our house group began an initiative to help feed the homeless in our community by giving food once a month. What started as 7 people has now grown to 90 families in our village and a number of volunteers from in and outside our church who help at a homeless drop in run by the Salvation Army, who are one of our church's Mission Partners.

    When we first started, we called the initiative "Help to Feed the Homeless". Two years have passed and recently a friend pointed out that we should change the name as the people who are being blessed by this are not only homeless but also widows, victims of addictions, abused individuals, single parents, etc. We provide the food but the food is just the seed which allows for this people to come into the drop-in and be ministered and loved by volunteers and staff at the Salvation Army. As I prayed to God to give me a new name which would encompass the core of what the vision for this initiative was and is, I heard him say to me: "Light in the Darkness".

    I believe this is a new season for the Body of Christ, during which God will peel off all the layers of superficiality and "churchianity" and those who truly wish to follow in Christ's footsteps will have no choice but to become vessels of light, who in the name and power of the Holy Spirit will break through the darkness and "infect" those engulfed by it with a redeeming light. I have already seen this in my community and the exciting thing is it is affecting also non-believers and non-church goers who are just being drawn to places of darkness as they feel called to bring light into them.

    It is going to leave us all speechless. Praise God!

    I live in the UK by the way.

    Mercedes

    ReplyDelete
  3. Praise God Mercedes for all you are doing in the UK...my desire is great for their to be a ministry such as this here in our little town! And I truly believe God has made this connection between the 2 of us! I would love to keep in touch with you and possibly pick your brain as to how you were able to get such a thing started.

    I truly believe He is calling us even more strongly to take back His territory and awaken people from their slumber...most of this world has been "vaccinated" against what we want to infect them with but in the light of His glory and grace we can overcome this and love them back to Him....

    Do you have a blog? Or a website?

    God Bless and Keep Pushing for more!!

    Dawn

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Dawn,

    I would be more than happy to tell you more about the initiative and how it started. In a few words, myself and a handful of others felt we were going through the motions of churchianity, doing all the right things, saying all the right things, attending all the right events and meetings, but in essence doing very little to be the hands and feet of Christ in this world. Though I sounded very spiritual, inside I felt like a hypocrite, I felt void of any real substance, and though others were happy to continue living the lie, I had had enough. I sought God with all my heart and questioned everything I had believed til now, and when I sought, truly sought He revealed His will to me, and I realised little of what I had been doing up to that point had anythin to do with God's ways. Be warned! If you follow this journey, you will become an outcast on many occassions and many won't like to hear what you have to say, but the Holy Spirit will make it clear to you whether you are doing this in your own strength or HIS.

    One day I started searching for local initiatives, groups, churches or other organisations who actually lived out their faith in practice as well as by declaring it, and this led me to a series of people who like links in a chain led me to the vision which God placed in my and others' hearts for months previous. Eventually, I was put in touch with a minister at the local branch of the Salvation Army who happened to have been given the same vision to serve the lost, the homeless and the broken in our community. It is too long a story but basically when I got in touch with him, he was waiting for someone like me to come along and support him in what he was trying to achieve. I felt inspired by God to do something practical, to show the love of Christ to those who need it by my actions and not so much my words. And so one day myself and six others began to donate food once every two months and take it down to the Salvation Army. In turn, this allowed them to start up a drop-in twice a week for those desperate for love and a bite to eat, and so now two years later approximately 90 families donate food once a month and about 10 people, in and outside our church, have become involved in actually serving at the drop-in and getting to know these individuals who are so broken and who need so much unconditional love. I am merely the person who coordinates this effort and ensures food gets delivered every two weeks to the SA, but I have been down to the drop-in on a couple of occasions and I am always in awe of how tangible the presence of God is in what is going on there. The SA has also started a soup kitchen on a different day of the week, and there are plans in the future to give these individuals guidance as to how best to rebuild their lives. The other amazing blessing coming through this is that many who are not necessarily religious or go to church are feeling called to serve in this way and by the mere act of being there are opening the door for Christ to drawn near in their own hearts.

    I could go on and on, but I would simply encourage you to follow the prompt of the Holy Spirit to begin something like this locally, if you do feel called to do so. You alone can do little, but it is your faith, passion and determination that will ultimately inspire and convict others to act on what they claim they believe. Many hands make for light work. It is amazing what a bunch of people can do when they follow a vision which not man, but God planted in their heart. You won't have to do anything, simply obey it. God does the rest

    Keep in touch.

    Blessings

    Mercedes

    ReplyDelete