Monday, September 20, 2010

A New Sunlight



I was a child with blonde braided pigtails and hair ribbons. My shiny black shoes were  offset by my cute bobby socks and sunny yellow dress and I was skipping. Skipping in fields of beautiful flowers. Pure joy and sweet contentment filled me like that of a little girl.

My hand was in the hand of my Father and my other hand was held to my forehead to block the sunlight. It was so bright! I squinted but still couldn't witness it without my eyes hurting.

That was the message from my Father. "Child be ready, for you and I are about to witness a sun like you have never seen before. A sun so bright like none other, a warmth like you have never felt."

I have dwelt on that heart message for quite a few days. In doing so it has brought me such peace and has stilled my heart when it was longing to beat with anxiety or fear. The message of hope sent directly to me from my dad that shares His love and care for me.

As little as a few years ago the events of this past week would have stopped me in my tracks. I am an organizer, a planner. I set the course and I follow it, I live by a practical sense of doing what needs to be done. I worked a job of no passion because it fed my family. I sat in a dark corner of a dark room with no windows and spoke to faceless people about a subject that brought them no happiness. I tried to insert happiness into the situation but even I was beginning to lose some sense of myself. In my free time I would sit at my desk and pray, read prophecy and writings from many Christians. And maybe without knowing it, I would let my heart cry out to God. Please Lord save me from this place.

Ephesians 3:20 Has been our family scripture for quite some time now. It is posted on our refrigerator and I pray it over and over again.
God is able to do exceedingly, abundantly, above all that we ASK or THINK.

Our family pledge was to commit ourselves to NOT limiting God to doing only what we think. Our family prayer was as follows:

Lord I now open myself to recieve your blessings in every way YOU want to impart it to me.

I could go on for days of the ways God has imparted those blessings to us. An inner sensation of peace and fulfillment has been ours when times have been their worst. Our income has dwindled as our expenses rose. Our house has slowly began to age and the resources have not been there to replace or rebuild. But this peace has never left us. And now I join the ranks of  the unemployed. I am given an extra paycheck and I walk out of my office for the final time with no loving goodbyes or hugs of good wishes. I looked up to see the little bird nests built into the sides of the building ~ those little birds brought me such joy with their songs and freedom.~ I shed a few tears and then it hit me. Breathe deep my peace!!

A weight is lifted and I am free. I have no idea what I will do to put food on the table but I know God will put it there. I don't know how I will dress them but I know God will. In what should be the most troubling time of my life I instead feel intense relief and joy. Unlimited possibilities, potential and power. That is what God has for us.

The next day He showed me the sunlight. I have no human interpretation of what He means by this word but I have no words to express how excited I am to find out. So I will follow even when I have no idea where we are going. I will trust when Satan tries to send fear. I will allow my future to be dicatated only by the one who holds it in His hands.I will only believe His truths and His truth says we live in His love.

So I hope you all have a really good pair of sunglasses! The sun is about to get really bright and I believe Gods about to pour out a new light upon His children. We need to stop living in the natural and begin to reside in the supernatural abundance of Gods love.

Shine On!!

Love Dawn

No comments:

Post a Comment