Thursday, May 17, 2012

I Dusted Off My Little Red Wagon


A few weeks back I was visited by my dearest friend while I was baking in my kitchen. It was one of those days where I was feeling a little isolated from the outside world.

I am truly a people person who loves visitors and lunch dates, coffee dates and fellowship. But lately I have found myself alone in my kitchen, soft Christian music playing on my TV and a list of to-do's to be done.

So as I went about clean-up from my latest baking adventures I was suddenly surprised by His presence. He always visits me when I least expect it.

There on my kitchen wall I saw the image of a little red wagon. Inside was the young girl I had seen in a earlier visit. She was plucking daisies and enjoying her ride. I knew immediately that My dearest friend was pulling me along.

He spoke to me of needed breaks and moments of being "pulled" instead of pushed. He told me of this crucial moment in time where He was going to get me where I needed to be and I was going to trust Him. He told me I had chosen wrong paths at times, paths that were of my own doing and not His. Paths that were simply distractions and kept me off course. He made me understand that it was very important that at this moment I stay on this path....so He was going to get me there.

As I think about that moment I am in awe at how God uses the exact thing that will get our attention. I have no memory of being pulled in a little red wagon. But I know I have always been so drawn to them. If I see one I always have to stop and touch it. 

We need to become more aware of the little things that stir our senses or awaken an emotional response
in us. It is there He speaks to us most.
At least it is for me....

Today I pray you feel God's presence as He pulls you along and that you more & more, day by day
learn to laugh and enjoy the ride.
Lay back awhile in your little red wagon, breathe in His peace & let God
speak to you.....

                          He always has something amazing to say.....                              

No comments:

Post a Comment