Many people who know me, work with me and live with me are taken aback sometimes at the amount of which I sigh. To be honest I was taken aback myself for awhile! It became almost a new "habit" and still to this day wells up inside me when I least expect it. I began to seek God for answers as to why and if possibly this could even be a medical condition. There are days when my sighs are beyond my control and well up inside of me like air in a balloon. The only cure is the "release" which an old friend described to me once as my "deflation."
I am convinced that the God who walked this very Earth understands the sigh of His followers and most assuredly understands mine.
*The creation sighs as if she were giving birth. Even the Spirit sighs as he interprets our prayers. (Romans 8:22-27)*
He understands that His children are aliens in this world and will never fit in. He understands that many of us are so in tune with His heart that our very own physical hearts break when we see injustice or pain. I know he understands my sighs, and the plea of my heart that goes along with them. I know without a shadow of a doubt that he lingers with me in my sigh and captures it as if they are prayers. When I sigh, God sighs along with me. I have began to feel more and more sighs coming on and with that realize our God and King is crying out to us even more to MOVE!
Walk with eyes wide open and see who is passing you by. Smile at the one who nobody wants to see. Mention Jesus even more in your conversations, for I believe just His name is a healing balm to an injured world. Just His name soothes my soul! Act more and talk less, and next time you sigh....stop and think why? What is on Gods heart today? Who is on Gods heart today? I cannot personally stop all this worlds injustice but I can live a life that seeks to love more and hurt less...and when I sigh I thank God for letting me release these "heart" burdens into His hands.
Today I have sighed almost all day. Sighs of joy when my son called from camp and another college coach sent a letter. Sighs of sadness at the passing of time far to quickly. Sighs of longing for things to come. But with each sigh I am thankful. Thankful to a God that captures each one and calms my spirit....a love like none other!
Dawn, we are so alike! I *just* had this thought about how much I sigh! It's all the time, I swear. I now believe that it's the Spirit within me, praying prayers for which I cannot find words.
ReplyDeleteLove you, my sister!
MaryAnn~ I love you too!
ReplyDeleteWhenever Mary sighs, I don't like it because I assume something is wrong. In fact, whenever anyone I care about sighs it bugs me. But now I will think about sighs differently!!
ReplyDelete